Do your Christmas shopping in style in one of Germany's largest pedestrianised areas. Not one but three Christmas markets await: in the historic old town around the Marktkirche and on Ballhofplatz, in front of the central station (Ernst-August-Platz), and in the Lister Meile pedestrianised area. The traditional Christmas market in the old town is also home to the Finnish Christmas village. If the Maschsee lake freezes over, visitors can ice skate on it.
Dates for 2016:
- Old town and Lister Meile: 23.11.2016 to 22.12.2016: 11:00 am to 9:00 pm, opening day: From 4:00 pm
- Ernst-August-Platz: 23.11.2016 to 30.12.2016: 11:00 am to 9:00 pm/ 24.12.2016: Until 2:00 pm/ 25.12.2016: Closed
Our tip: The Hannover Adventure Zoo amazes visitors again from 25th November 2016 to 12th Februrary 2017.
Once again in 2015, the paddock at Meyer's Farm at Hannover Adventure Zoo will be transformed into an open-air ice rink. Ice skating, an ice disco and toboggan rides ensure lots of fun at the Winterzoo Hannover. Curling is also offered for groups. For children, the large carousel is a real highlight. And on 6th December, St Nicholas will be popping by from 4:30 to 5:30 pm. Father Christmas is in town from 7th to 23rd December and is sure to make children's eyes light up.
Dates for 2015/2016: 27.11.2015 to 14.02.2016
- 27.11.2015 to 22.12.2015: Mon to Thu: 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm, Fri: 4:00 to 9:00 pm, Sat and Sun: 11:00 am to 8:00 pm
- 23.12.2015 to 06.01.2016: 11:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve: 11:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Christmas Day and Boxing Day: 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
- 08.01.2016 to 14.02.2016: Fri: 4:00 to 8:00 pm, Sat and Sun: 11:00 am to 8:00 pm
More information (only in German):