Nature conservation and navigation instructions
Please use the designated boarding and landing points on the bridge to the canal at Sellstedter See lake and the flash lock in Schiffdorf. But please note that neither of these points are designed for resting or camping.
The Geeste is your host for a diverse canoe and kayak ride. Its unspoilt plant and animal kingdom and its sprawling views across the vibrant meadows are enchanting and help visitors to escape from the hustle and bustle of day-to-day life. We aim to preserve this idyllic landscape, so we ask visitors to follow a few nature conservation instructions:
- Park your vehicle in the designated car parks only
- Keep your distance from the reeds as they are precious spawning areas and breeding grounds for many species of fish and bird
- Find out the current water levels before departing on canoe and kayak vacations
- Please respect the no-go times and only paddle along the Geeste from 9 am until nightfall
- Please do not drop litter
- The countryside is a friendly host, please be a polite guest
The specifics of the tour
There are no public transport connections to the boarding and landing points along the Geeste river. Ankes Kanuverleih, the local canoe rental company, puts on a shuttle service for guests.
You can find further information here