Ditzumer Hafen
The village of Ditzum was founded in the 8th century on a natural drainage channel. After the dyke was built (from 1000), the construction of a sluice became necessary. The first surviving wooden sluice was built in 1546. In 1752, the first solid sluice structure with a width of 6.30 m was built. The current sluice was built in 1890/91 with a width of over 7.00 m. At the time, the sluice was used as a transportation route for the brickworks and sawmill that had settled here. As part of the new harbor construction in 1987/88, the sluice structure was renewed and brought up to the latest technical standards, so that the sluice port is still fully functional today.
Good to know
Openings
- For opening hours of the Ditzum Tourist Information Office, please refer to the homepage: www.ditzum-touristik.de
Price info
- The port is freely accessible. Different prices apply for the various ferry connections.
Eligibility
Suitable for any weather
for Groups
for Class
for familys
for individual guests
Pet allowed
Suitable for the Elderly
for Children of all Ages
Suitable for Pushchair
Linguistic proficiency
- German
Other Furnishing/Equipment
Toilet
Handicapped accessible WC
Barrier-free access
Payment methods
- Cash payment on site
Directions & Parking facilities
- Der Sielhafen Ditzum ist über die Sielstraße für Fahrzeuge jeder Art erreichbar. Das Parken im Hafenbereich ist nur in gekennzeichneten Flächen erlaubt.
Kostenlose Parkmöglichkeiten, insbesondere für die Nutzung der Fährverbindungen, sind am Ortseingang (An´t Spittland).
Busparkplätze sind ebenfalls am Ortseingang (An´t Spittland) vorhanden. More information
- Verschiedene Veranstaltungen bereichern den Hafenbetrieb, z. B. Hafenfest.
Zwei Traditionskutter bieten auf Anfrage Fahrten an.
Sicherheitshinweis:
Kleine Kinder sollten den Hafen nur in Begleitung Erwachsener betreten. Contact person
Gemeinde Jemgum - Tourist-Information
CompanySielstr. 1326844 JemgumLicense (master data)
Touristik GmbH "Südliches Ostfriesland"




