The Dinopark Münchehagen open-air museum is Germany’s largest scientific adventure theme park. On a 2.5 km tour of the park, visitors can learn all there is to know about the fascinating development of life throughout the Earth’s history, with over 250 realistic reconstructions of life-size dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures. Visitors come face-to-face with all well-known dinosaur species throughout the open-air space: the Stegosaurus, Triceratops, Brachiosaurus and, of course, the Tyrannosaurus Rex. The largest model is of a dinosaur who shook the Earth: at more than 45 metres in length and 9 metres tall, the Seismosaurus is bigger than a double-decker bus! This dinosaur model is the largest reconstruction made with scientific advice.
New exhibits are constantly being added, with all reconstructions of prehistoric creatures in the dinosaur-themed open-air museum created in collaboration with a team of scientists using the latest research findings.
Lower Saxony’s KinderFerienLand certification makes it easier for parents to search for destinations geared towards kids' holidays. The basic idea is that only family friendly companies will bear the seal. Expert assessors check the operation’s service, child-friendly facilities and child safety standards.
- Renowned research institute and centre of excellence
- Various tours led by dinosaur experts
- Interactive workshops with practical assignments to promote cognitive and motor skills.
- Activities: educational activities in the museum with children aged from two years to school leaving age
- The dino quiz
- 2.5 km tour
- Adventure playground
- Sun terrace
- Fast-food restaurant
The German standardised “Reisen für Alle” identification and certification system provides in-depth verified information on accessibility. The transparent, reliable data is gathered by trained assessors and evaluated according to clear criteria for accessibility and usability.
We have put together some information on accessibility:
- There are parking spaces for people with disabilities
- All exhibits can be viewed from a standing or sitting position
- Dogs on leads are welcome guests
- Paths are easy to walk on and wheelchair-friendly
- There are no steps in the park