The “Park Nordseeküste” Center Parc Germany resort is just a stone’s throw away from a UNESCO World Heritage Site: the Wadden Sea. The holiday village boasts four-star hotel rooms in addition to holiday homes and apartments in various categories. The Aqua Mundo tropical swimming pool offers four floors of fun experiences for the whole family. Adults can also enjoy a wide range of evening entertainment and the chance to win some great prizes.
Lower Saxony’s KinderFerienLand certification makes it easier for parents to search for destinations geared towards kids' holidays. The basic idea is that only family friendly companies will bear the seal. Expert assessors check the operation’s service, child-friendly facilities and child safety standards.
Center Parcs Park Nordseeküste has been certified as “especially child-friendly” multiple times.
Water lovers will adore the water park with its 300 metre slides, a wave pool and a riverscape for babies. There is also daily children’s entertainment featuring the mascot and his friends.
Family holiday activities
- Daily children’s entertainment
- Children's meals/buffet
- Tropical water world with wave pool, slides and baby pool
- A number of children’s playgrounds
- Children's furniture
- Sports hall
- High chairs
- Buggy, balance bike, changing mat, playpen and toy hire
- Mudflat wheelchairs
- Half board
- Full board
- Self-catering with kitchenette
- Themed gourmet meals
- Vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free and lactose-free dishes on request
The German standardised “Reisen für Alle” identification and certification system provides in-depth verified information on accessibility. The transparent, reliable data is gathered by trained assessors and evaluated according to clear criteria for accessibility and usability.
We have put together some information on accessibility:
- Parking spaces for people with disabilities are available
- Step-free access to the entrance of the Hotel and Market Dome
- Access to the building is step-free and there is step-free or lift access to all rooms that can be used by guests
- A pool wheelchair is available in the swimming pool
- Wheelchair-suitable tables are available in the restaurant area
- Nursing beds can be booked on request
Information for wheelchair users and people with walking impairments
- There are two car parks for people with disabilities. The path between the car park and the entrance to the hotel/market dome is not smooth.
- There is step-free access to the areas relevant to guests (hotel, market dome, Aqua Mundo, rooms) and entrances via lifts.
- Doors and passages are at least 80 cm wide (exception: sauna area).
- Wheelchair-suitable tables are available in the breakfast room and restaurant.
- Aqua Mundo is a swimming and sauna facility. The wave pool is the only pool with step-free access. There is a ramp and shallow steps with a hand rail for entering the swimming pool. Staff are helpful when guests want to access other areas. A pool wheelchair is available in the swimming pool.
- Changing rooms for people with disabilities are provided in Aqua Mundo.
Hotel room 125
- The turning space in the room in front of immobile fittings is 300 cm x 97 cm. The turning space next to the bed is 33 cm x 237 cm on the left and 106 cm x 142 cm on the right. There is no nursing bed.
- The bathroom door is 69 cm wide. The WC is not wheelchair accessible. The turning spaces measure less than 120 cm x 120 cm. The wash basin is not wheelchair-suitable.
- The height difference between the top edge of the shower tray and the neighbouring floor is 1 cm. The shower cubicle measures 87 cm x 90 cm. There are no grab rails in the bathroom.
- Nursing beds can be booked on request.
Holiday homes: 601, 446 and 453
- Each house has its own parking space at the front (no parking space for people with disabilities).
- There is step-free access to houses 601 and 453. House 446 is accessed via a 22 cm high step. The upper floors of all the houses are accessed via stairs.
- Most turning spaces in the houses measure less than 120 cm x 120 cm. Some doors (bathrooms etc.) and passages are less than 70 cm wide.
- The bathrooms in the houses have no grab rails. The WCs are not wheelchair accessible.
- The turning spaces in the bathrooms measure less than 120 cm x 120 cm. The wash basin is not wheelchair-suitable. The height difference between the top edge of the shower tray and the neighbouring floor is 1 cm in all bathrooms.
- The shower cubicle in house 601 measures 118 cm x 90 cm, in house 453 117 cm x 79 cm and in house 446 122 cm x 153 cm.
Information for the deaf and hearing impaired
- There is no induction loop.
- Any emergency call in the lift is not confirmed with an acoustic but not visual alarm. Stairs are also available.
- There is at least one free socket close to the bed in the hotel room and in the bedrooms of the holiday homes.
- Tables with bright and non-glare lighting are available.
- There are tables with no standing or hanging lamps that could impede the line of sight or eye contact.
Information for the blind and partially sighted
- There is no guidance system with floor indicators inside or outside. The walls inside can only be used for orientation to a limited extent.
- Stairs are not designed with visual or tactile contrasts.
- In the lifts, the stopping point is not announced audibly. Any emergency call is confirmed with a sound alarm.
- Assistance dogs are permitted.
- Signs are designed in an easy-to-read, usually visually contrasting font.
- No information is available in Braille or prism font.
Information for people with cognitive impairments
- The name and logo of the facility are clearly recognisable from outside at the main entrance.
- The reception is directly visible from the entrance.
- There is no guidance system using colours or pictures.
- There is no menu with pictures in the restaurant and the dishes are not presented visibly.
- No information is available in simple language.