Plenty of family holiday ideas have been brought to life here at the Alfsee reservoir. At the heart of the holiday resort, visitors can find the 3-star Hotel Piazza, as well as apartments equipped with all mod cons. Both the 5-star campsite and the holiday home park boast child-friendly facilities and are an excellent complement to the accommodation options at the Alfsee reservoir. The Alfsee Ferienpark holiday and leisure park has already won multiple awards for aspects including its child friendly holidays. For children and teens on holiday by the Alfsee reservoir, there is the chance to swim and take part in water sports, while little ones splash around to their hearts' content in the separate bathing lake or improve their driving skills in the Kinderautoland children's racing arena. There are also plenty of games, leisure activities and entertainment for all ages, including the Bullermeck Fun-Center indoor playground, the Erlebnisland Alfsee amusement park or the Alfseering go-karting track. With so much going on, your kids will never get bored!
The slightly hilly terrain around the Alfsee reservoir is perfect for cycling trips in traffic-free zones. Visitors can hire bicycles and e bikes, and explore the many cultural attractions near the Alfsee reservoir.
Lower Saxony’s KinderFerienLand certification makes it easier for parents to search for destinations geared towards kids' holidays. The basic idea is that only family friendly companies will bear the seal. Expert assessors check the operation’s service, child-friendly facilities and child safety standards.
Family holiday activities
- Separate children’s pool area
- Bullermeck Fun-Center indoor play centre
- Alfseering go-karting track
- Kinderautoland children’s racing arena
- “Kuddel-Muddelland” children's entertainment
- Extensive programme of events
- Children's meals/buffet
- Waterski cableways and beach arena
- Bicycle and e bike hire
- Shuttle service
- Children’s bathrooms
- Night lighting
- Sports arenas
- Half board
- Full board
- Self-catering with kitchenette
Visitors to Bad Bevensen will find all they need for an active holiday. In addition to many signposted bike trails, Nordic walking and nature hikes, the varied landscape can also be viewed from the water on a canoe trip on the Ilmenau river. Golfers will find a course (par 72) just under 3 km away in Secklendorf, where just under half of the 18 fairways run through the high forest. Are you also looking for a treat for mind and body? Then perhaps laughter yoga, Qigong or hiking trips with llamas are just the thing for you. A wide range of events held in Bad Bevensen – from tours, bus trips and guided hikes to concerts, literary readings, theatre and cabaret in the modern new Kurhaus venue to seasonal concerts in Medingen Abbey – round off your stay.
- Cycling trips through the forest on Lüneburger Heide
- Nordic walking and hiking on signposted walking routes through the nearby countryside
- Shopping in independent boutiques and in the “1a-Einkaufsstadt” – a title given to Germany’s best shopping locations – where visitors will also find shops open on Sundays
- Health spa: expansive, rich in variety, beautiful in bloom and nestled between urban life and rural tranquillity
- Klein Bünstorfer Heide (Klein Bünstorf Heath): one of the most popular hiking trails in Germany with a burial site dating back more than 3,000 years
- Medingen and Ebstorf Abbeys: two of the six abbeys and monasteries on Lüneburger Heide