Vollmondwanderung auf dem Heidschnuckenweg in der Oberoher Heide
Please note: It is possible that an event has been cancelled but is still listed on this website. For the latest information about cancelations or postponements please check the organizer’s website.
Through heath and diatomaceous earth into the moonlight
Whether in Indian summer the numerous spider webs hang in the heather bushes or a warm summer evening makes the insects dance over the ponds, the Oberoher Heide is definitely worth a visit.
Past the remains of kieselguhr mining, the route leads along the Heidschnuckenweg into the open heath landscape, while the sun sets and the moon rises.
Katrin Blumenbach, certified forest educator, tells you about the kieselguhr and the man who made this mineral famous with a groundbreaking invention. You will also hear something about the formation of the heath landscape, which can be wonderfully understood in this area. The use of the heath landscape by our ancestors is as much an issue as natural phenomena along the way. Erratic boulders, juniper bushes and traces of animals are not ignored without care.
When it gets dark, you have the feeling that you have entered the mystical realm of fairies and trolls. Let the mood sink in and enjoy a little surprise in a beautiful spot in this area.
Info & data:
- Date: October 1, 2020
- Start: 7.30 p.m.
- Duration: about 2 hours
- Price: adults: 11, children: 7
- Tour guide: certified forest educator Katrin Blumenbach
- Meeting point: "Oberohe" car park - You can reach the car park via the L280 from Müden (Örtze) towards Unterlüß. After approx. 8.5 km, turn right in Oberohe to the "Oberohe" parking lot.
- Coordinates car park Oberohe: N52.866798 E10.227609
- Dogs are welcome, but should be kept on a leash.
- Attention: Limited number of participants! Book directly here !