No matter where they are staying, it will take tourists just a few minutes to walk to this local beach on Wangerooge Island, which is perfect for swimming and building sandcastles. Everything is close by on this car-free island, so you are never too far from the sea. Tourists can enjoy the views of the North Sea and the passing vessels on the horizon here.
The German standardised "Reisen für Alle" identification and certification system provides in-depth verified information on accessible holidays. The transparent, reliable data is gathered by trained assessors and evaluated according to clear criteria for accessibility and usability.
We have put together some information on accessibility:
- Public disabled toilet near the beach
- Beach wheelchairs can be hired at Westfeld
- Easy access to the lower beach promenade via step-free beach paths
- E-scooter hire on the upper beach promenade (run by the resort administration)
- Book your beach chair in advance to allow any special requests for visitors with restricted mobility to be catered for