The rich history of this region manifests itself in treasures of the past, pacesetters of the present time and laboratories of the future. ZeitOrte are historic settings such as excavated, geologically unique phenomena, archaeological excavations, medieval buildings or complexes, libraries of the Enlightenment, old factory premises, modern sites of art and architecture, museums of the future and world-renowned production facilities.
Take an exciting journey through time in our cities:
- retrace the steps of the Guelphs in Medieval Braunschweig
- relive the Baroque and Enlightenment eras in Wolfenbuttel (the city renowned for philosopher and author Lessing)
- experience the cradle of industrialisation on the terrain of the Ilseder Hutte iron and steel works in the Peine administrative district and the history of salt production in Salzgitter
- marvel at the oldest machines in the world at the windmill outdoor museum in Gifhorn
- stay hot on the trail of domestic German transport past and present with the Helmstedt project “Grenzenlos – Wege zum Nachbarn” or “The way to your neighbour – without any borders”
- experiment in the futuristic orientated phaeno Science Centre in Wolfsburg
- visit the automobile transportation theme worlds at Autostadt Wolfsburg
Discovering ZeitOrte: Exciting and very different experiences from prehistoric times until the present day are guaranteed. Take as much time as you need!