There are two unique Christmas markets to discover in and around Goslar: the Christmas market and the Christmas forest. Against the picturesque backdrop of the medieval buildings, enormous Christmas trees transform the old town into a fantastic fairy forest. The Christmas market is also in the town centre.
Dates for 2016: 23.11.2016 to 30.12.2016
- Christmas market: Mon to Sat: 10:00 am to 8:00 pm, Sun: 11:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Christmas forest: Mon to Sat: 10:00 am to 10:00 pm, Sun: 11:00 am to 10:00 pm
- 24.12.2016: 11:00 am to 2:00 pm
- 25.12.2016 and 26.12.2016: 12:00 to 7:00 pm
- 30.12.2016: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Our tip: An underground Christmas market can be experienced in the Roeder shaft of the UNESCO World Heritage site Rammelsberg near Goslar.
As every year, the UNESCO World Heritage site Rammelsberg invotes visitors to enjoy its traditional festival of lights on the third weekend of Advent. Visitors are first taken on a tour of the festively-lit Roeder shaft, before arriving at the underground Christmas market. From the underground section, the Christmas market extends into parts of the ore treatment plant and the works' corridor.
Dates for 2015:
- 12.12.2015 to 13.12.2015: 11:00 am to 5:00 pm