ZeitOrte are historic settings that are largely easily accessible by bicycle, such as excavated, geologically unique phenomena, archaeological excavations, buildings or complexes from the Middle Ages, libraries from the Enlightenment, old factory buildings, modern sites of art and architecture, museums of the future and production sites of global renown.
Set off on a journey through time on your cycle tours through the region. From insights into the history of the earth at the UNESCO GeoPark Braunschweiger Land, to medieval manors and Baroque churches, industrial monuments or nature trails, to highlights of the present.
The region is packed with possibilities for active cyclists:
- Combine cycling with canoeing on the Aller and Fuhse or on the Oker, even through the centre of Braunschweig
- Bike in Südheide Gifhorn in the southern part of the Lüneburger Heide on the Weser-Harz-Heide-Radweg (Weser-Harz-Heath Cycle Route) and the Allerradweg (Aller Cycle Route) and well-developed regional routes
- Adventure tours through the Elm-Lappwald Nature Park and through Peiner Land.
- Experience nature on geological trails and at geo points through the cycle routes in the Geopark Harz.Braunschweiger Land.Eastphalia
- Experience the extraordinary city of Salzgitter with its 31 neighbourhoods by bicycle and discover new leisure routes in Wolfenbütteler Land
Discover the ZeitOrte actively with your bicycle on an extensive network of cycle paths. From prehistoric times to the present day, exciting and very different experiences guaranteed. Take the time that you need!