There are many culinary delicacies waiting to be discovered in this holiday region, so step right in! Good taste is at home in the region’s many restaurants and farm shops. Why not sample some of the tasty delicacies that are made with the local fruit, or stock up on fruity treats in the little farm shops, where you can buy fresh fruit, jams, jellies, fruit wines and – a local speciality – apple crisps. Travellers can stock up with home-made apple cake and stone-baked wholemeal bread in the farm cafes. Apple juice gummi teddies are very tasty, and not just for children! The restaurants use local produce, from cherries to pears and the region’s mouth-watering asparagus, to make delectable dishes.
Some examples of orchards to visit:
- Herzapfelhof Lühs, Osterjork 102, 21635 Jork, Tel. +49 (0) 4162/2548200 – Picnics, guided tours, farm shop, adopt-an-apple-tree scheme
- Obstparadies Ulrike Schuback, Westerjork 81, 21635 Jork, Tel. +49 (0) 4162/370, barbecues in the orchard, picnics, “Altländer Apple Diploma”
- Obsthof Matthies, Am Elbdeich 31, 21635 Jork-Borstel, Tel. +49 (0) 4162/91580, Fun rides on the “Obsthofexpress”, guided tours
- Obsthof Günther Pape, Sandhörn 8, 21720 Grünendeich, Tel. +49 (0) 4142/2474, Guided tours, picnics, street bowling tours, adopt-an-apple-tree scheme
- Obsthof Sumfleth, Hohenlucht 15, 21734 Oederquart, Tel. +49 (0) 4753/841010, Farm shop, self-catering cottages and apartments